drill-user mailing list archives

From Paul Rogers <par0...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Regarding EXCEPT clause of drill
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2020 18:57:00 GMT
Thanks Arina.

I believe that EXCEPT is set subtraction A - B. Drill does (I believe) already support UNION
distinct, which is set union (A U B). If so, it would be a nice little project for someone
to implement EXCEPT by reversing the polarity of comparison: discard the non-dups rather than
the dups. I'm sure it is a bit harder than that, but still would be a good project for someone
who want to get experience with query engine internals.

Thanks,
- Paul

    On Thursday, January 16, 2020, 04:16:49 AM PST, Arina Yelchiyeva <arina.yelchiyeva@gmail.com>