drill-user mailing list archives

From Reid Thompson <Reid.Thomp...@omnicell.com>
Subject Re: Trying to create table create table s3.dummy.`postgresql_table` as select * from postgresql.table;
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2020 20:40:08 GMT
On Thu, 2020-01-30 at 15:08 -0500, Reid Thompson wrote:
> is what I am attempting in the subject line possible?
>
> I have a storage schema defined (dbpg) from which I can
> use schema dbpg; select * from table x;
> and get the contents of table x.
>
> I have a storage schema defined s3 from which I can
> use schema s3;  show files in s3.dummy; select * from s3.dummy;
> and get a listing of files, and select content of files from;
>
> I would like to be able to select content from the postgresql tables and
> write them to parque files in the s3 filesystem.  Is there a way to do
> that?
>
> Can I do it with the s3 storage plugin, or do I have to configure the
> dfs plugin to access my s3 stoarge?
>
> Thanks,
> reid

I think i have figured this out.  I had to create a writable matching
workspace (dummy) in the storage plugin for where I wanted to  create
the table(parquet files).  And I had to prepend the pgdb schema to the
select statement..

show schemas now lists s3.dummy as a schema.

create table s3.dummy.`postgresql_table` as select * from pgdb.postgresql.table;