drill-user mailing list archives

From Andy Grove <andygrov...@gmail.com>
Subject Looking for advice on integrating with a custom data source
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2020 22:57:43 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to use Apache Drill with a custom data source that supports a
subset of SQL.

My goal is to have Drill push selection and predicates down to my data
source but the rest of the query processing should take place in Drill.

I started out by writing a JDBC driver for the data source and registering
that with Drill using the Jdbc Storage Plugin but it seems to just pass the
whole query through to my data source, so that approach isn't going to work
unless I'm missing something?

Is there any way to configure the JDBC storage plugin to only push certain
parts of the query to the data source?

If this isn't a good approach, do I need to write a custom storage plugin?
Can these be added on the classpath or would that require me maintaining a
fork of the project?

I appreciate any pointers anyone can give me.

Thanks,

Andy.