drill-user mailing list archives

From "David F. Severski" <da...@severski.net>
Subject Parquet INT64 Nullable Type Support
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2020 19:43:22 GMT
Hello, fellow drill-ers!

Reposting from the Drill Slack community, under the apache/drill:1.17
docker container, I am having problems querying a parquet file. This file
(possibly generated via pyspark) has an INT64 type field that whenever
included generates an immediate error in the complex parquet reader.

The logs mention: "Unsupported nullable converted type INT_64 for primitive
type INT64" and there are some JIRA references to nullable support being
added not too long ago for INT16. Attempts to CAST() this field as INT and
various permutations on CONVERT_FROM() are unsuccessful.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? I don't have easy access to a sanitized
sample for sharing at the moment. I'm already having to do explicit casting
for an INT32 type field in the same file and hoping there's a similar trick
to use for this INT64 field to keep me moving.

David