drill-user mailing list archives

From Bob Rudis <...@rud.is>
Subject 1.17.0 updated protobuf but mapr ODBC drivers have not been updated
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2020 18:16:29 GMT
HNY folks,

This is more of an FYI vs anything else.

I realize the intrepid/awesome Drill team has little control over MapR's speed of catching
up to the latest releases but just in case others haven't upgraded to 1.17.0 (I just did today)
and use ODBC, you'll see something like this in logs:

[libprotobuf ERROR google/protobuf/message_lite.cc:123] Can't parse message of type "exec.user.GetServerMetaResp"
because it is missing required fields: server_meta.convert_support[506].to, server_meta.convert_support[545].from,
server_meta.convert_support[545].to

until MapR updates their side of this (this happened with previous releases and is 100% on
MapR to publish new ODBC drivers).

It seems to only impact Drill instance metadata retrieval (all my usual queries are working
fine).

REST API & JDBC (which I use via the {sergeant} & {sergeant.caffeinated} R pkgs) are
fine (as expected).

-Bob