drill-user mailing list archives

From Paul Rogers <par0...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: JDBC datasource on Websphere server 8.5.5.9
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2020 05:22:01 GMT
Hi Prabhakar,

Drill is supported on Windows only in embedded mode; we have no scripts to run a server. Were
you able to create your own solution?

The exception appears to indicate that the Drill JDBC connection is being used inside a transaction,
perhaps with other data sources, so a two-phase commit is needed. However, Drill does not
support transactions as transactions don't make sense for data sources such as HDFS or S3.

Is there a way to configure WAS to use Drill just for read-only access without transactions?
See this link: [1]. To quote:

Non-transactional data source
Specifies that the application server does not enlist the connections from this data source
in global or local transactions. Applications must explicitly call setAutoCommit(false) on
the connection if they want to start a local transaction on the connection, and they must
commit or roll back the transaction that they started.

Can you run a test? Will SQLLine connect to your Drill server? If so, then you know that you
have the host name correct, that the ports are open, and that Drill runs well enough on Windows
for your needs.

By the way, the Apache mail agent does not support attachments. Can you post the log somewhere
else? Or, just past into an e-mail the lines around the failure.

Thanks,
- Paul

[1] https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSAW57_8.5.5/com.ibm.websphere.nd.multiplatform.doc/ae/udat_jdbcdatasorprops.html

    On Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 8:53:31 PM PDT, Prabhakar Bhosaale <bhosale.p.v@gmail.com>