drill-user mailing list archives

From Vishwajeet Anantvilas SONUNE <vishwajeet.anantvilas.son...@hsbc.co.in>
Subject Help with time taken to generate parquet file.
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2020 12:40:06 GMT
Hi Team,

Learned about apache drill that - 'Drill is memory intensive and therefore requires sufficient
memory to run optimally. You can modify how much memory that you want allocated to Drill.
Drill typically performs better with as much memory as possible.'

With this I tried allocating as much as memory I could for drill to run. I'm running the drill
on my local machine so configured the JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS to 8GB as Environment variable. Which
in turn increased the heap memory.

[cid:image005.jpg@01D5F7D0.468F6AC0]

While running a query for generating a parquet file from SQL Server having millions of record,
the drill just uses 3 - 4 % of heap memory. Any ways there is no increase in the performance(reduce
in time of file generation).

Can you please let us know if there's a way to reduce the file generation time?

[cid:image006.jpg@01D5F7D0.468F6AC0]

Please let me know if any further details are required.

Looking for your reply to Vishwajeet Anantvilas SONUNE <vishwajeet.anantvilas.sonune@hsbc.co.in>

Thanks
Vishwajeet Sonune