drill-user mailing list archives

From Charles Givre <cgi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: REST data source?
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2020 14:14:15 GMT
Hi Rafael,
Thanks for your interest in Drill.  To answer your question, there is a PR in progress which
allows you to query REST APIs from Drill. [1]. Here's a link to the documentation as well.
[2].  The idea behind Drill is to be able to query a wide variety of data sources, and this
PR will enable you to reach out to REST endpoints and query that data.

Mechanically, this is very different from how Drill queries other RDBMS systems via JDBC.
Thanks,

[1]: https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/1892
[2]: https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/27e72499a3a80c0b2927d532d2d4959d8be4eea6/contrib/storage-http/README.md

> On Mar 24, 2020, at 9:22 AM, Jaimes, Rafael - 0993 - MITLL <Rafael.Jaimes@ll.mit.edu>
wrote:

> I know you can use REST API to query against Drill, but can Drill make REST queries itself?
>
> It might seem unnecessary but if the idea is one stop shop for all querying, I don’t
see how it’s different than using SQL against Drill which then queries against a RDBMS using
SQL.