drill-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Kane <christopher.k...@cardconnect.com.INVALID>
Subject Initial Oracle Setup
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2020 17:46:44 GMT
Hey Everyone,

I'm looking to setup and create a new Oracle Storage Plugin for my local Apache Drill instance.
I have determined that a correct oracle connection string with an incorrect password results
in the following message: Please retry: Error while creating / updating storage : java.sql.SQLException:
Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
). Now updating the connection string to use the correct password results in the following
message: Please retry: Error while creating / updating storage : Rule description 'JDBC_DREL_ConverterJDBC.QA2
Oracle' is not valid.

I have confirmed with our DBAs and through my own testing that my connection string is correct.
When attempting to google anything related to the message 'JDBC_DREL_Converter' unfortunately
I am not able to find anything useful. At this point I'm kind of grasping at straws as to
what my issue is at this point. In addition I also have the correct oracle thin driver installed,
which was the recommend one from the RDBMS page within the Apache Drill documentation and
I've also added this line to my drill-override.conf, drill.exec.sys.store.provider.local.path
= "ojdbc7.jar". But I'm assuming if any of that wasn't setup correctly, I wouldn't be able
to get an error message back from Oracle saying that my password was incorrect. Any help in
regards to this would be greatly appreciated.

Christopher Kane
Software Test Engineer | Clover, CardConnect, FiServ
ckane@clover.com<mailto:ckane@clover.com>, Christopher.Kane@cardconnect.com<mailto:Christopher.Kane@cardconnect.com>,
Christopher.Kane2@firstdata.com<mailto:Christopher.Kane2@firstdata.com>, Christopher.Kane1@fiserv.com<mailto:Christopher.Kane1@fiserv.com>

THIS MESSAGE IS CONFIDENTIAL. This e-mail message and any attachments are proprietary and
confidential information protected from disclosure and intended only for the use of the recipient(s)
named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or any attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify CardConnect immediately
by replying to this message and then delete this message and any attachments from your computer.