drill-user mailing list archives

From Volodymyr Vysotskyi <volody...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.18.0 - RC0
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2020 10:37:50 GMT
Hi all,

I have looked into the DRILL-7785, and the problem is not in Drill, so it
is not a blocker for the release.
For more details please refer to my comment
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7785?focusedCommentId=17187629&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-17187629>
on this ticket.

Kind regards,
Volodymyr Vysotskyi

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 4:26 AM Abhishek Girish <agirish@apache.org> wrote:

> Yup we can certainly include it if RC0 fails. So far I’m inclined to not
> consider it a blocker. I’ve requested Vova and Anton to take a look.
>
> So folks, please continue to test the candidate.
>
> On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 6:16 PM Charles Givre <cgivre@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ok.  Are you looking to include DRILL-7785?  I don't think it's a
> blocker,
> > but if we find anything with RC0... let's make sure we get it in.
> >
> > -- C
> >

> > > On Aug 30, 2020, at 9:14 PM, Abhishek Girish <agirish@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >

> > > Hey Charles,
> >

> > > I would have liked to. We did get one of the PRs merged after the
> master
> >
> > > branch was closed as I hadn't made enough progress with the release
> yet.
> >
> > > But that’s not the case now.
> >

> > > Unless DRILL-7781 is a release blocker, we should probably skip it. So
> > far,
> >
> > > a lot of effort has gone into getting RC0 ready. So I'm hoping to get
> > this
> >
> > > closed asap.
> >

> > > Regards,
> >
> > > Abhishek