eagle-dev mailing list archives

From collab.un...@gmail.com
Subject Help us understand the effects of developers' personality on collaboration in OSS development
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2019 18:51:55 GMT
(** Apologies for multiple emails **)

Dear Apache developer,

We are a team of researchers from the Collab research group (http://collab.di.uniba.it), in
the Department of Computer Science at the University of Bari, Italy. We would be grateful
if you could help us understand the effects of developers' different personalities when they
collaborate in the development of OSS projects.

Being an Apache developer, you are kindly invited to take a brief personality test (the so-called
Big Five mini-IPIP test), which only takes *3 minutes* to complete (we promise!):
Link: http://collab.di.uniba.it:8000/miniipip/?id=X1XeNW

For more, please read "M.B. Donnellan et al. (2006). The mini-IPIP scales: Tiny-yet-effective
measures of the Big Five factors of personality. Psychological Assessment, 18, 192-203"

All survey responses will be stored on a secure server in our University data center. We will
openly publish the results so everyone can benefit from them, but we will anonymize and/or
present them in aggregate so that tracking answers back to the respondents will be impossible.
By filling in and submitting the survey, you are providing implied consent to participate
in the study. However, if at some point during the survey you want to stop, you are free to
do so and your partial answers will be discarded. Should you have further privacy concerns,
please review the details of the ethics protocol for this research available at http://collab.di.uniba.it/mini-IPIP/privacy
or contact us by email.

We appreciate your participation. Thank you for taking the time for reading this email.

Kind regards,
The Collab research team