eagle-dev mailing list archives

From tusharintech@gmail.com <tusharint...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Apache Eagle unable to start
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2019 04:40:57 GMT
Hi Siddarth

Thanks for the  reply.
I also  addressed    mysql  jdbc connection issues in RHEL 6  per
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/145416/mysql-jdbc-connection-issues-in-rhel-6

I see  no error at the  eagle-server.log any more  as I used to get  (java.net.UnknownHostException:
server.eagle.apache.org). However  GUI  fails to load. (http://101-02-08-node1.internal.bigtdata.io:9090/
 does not load)

1) [root@101-02-08-node1 tmp]# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1   server.eagle.apache.org localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

2) [root@101-02-08-node1 tmp]# mysql -u root -p -hlocalhost
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 40
Server version: 5.6.38 MySQL Community Server (GPL)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2017, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

grant all privileges on . to root;

3) Edit /etc/my.cnf file
The last exception was promising. It says connection refused rather than saying something
like not able to resolve the hostname. So, I thought something should be changed in the /etc/my.cnf
file and I added the below lines to the file.
port=3306
bind-address=0.0.0.0

Tushar  Shah
ts7237@att.com
+1 732 673 0210 cell

On 2019/03/01 03:30:28, Sidharth Kumar <sidharthkumar2707@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> to always use  hostname of your server and if you do not have DNS
> configured make entry in /etc/hosts for same.
>
> Warm Regards
>
> Sidharth Kumar | Mob: +91 8197 555 599| Skype: itzsidharth
>
> On Fri, 1 Mar, 2019, 2:54 AM tusharintech@gmail.com, <tusharintech@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Jay
> > (believe Jayesh  Senjaliya  )
> > I changed my eagle.conf  and changed all  references of the
> > server.eagle.apache.org  to loca lhost
> >  So at  the   Eagle Metadata Store Configuration,  I changed  the
> > definition from
> > connection = "jdbc:mysql://server.eagle.apache.org:3306/eagle"
> > to :   connection = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/eagle"
> > However. I have same issue with that GUI  does not load. At the
> > server.log I see
> > ERROR [2019-02-28 00:00:05,349]
> > org.apache.eagle.metadata.store.jdbc.JDBCMetadataMetadataStoreServiceImpl:
> > Error to query batch: SELECT * FROM applications a INNER JOIN sites s on
> > a.siteid = s.siteid
> > ! java.net.UnknownHostException: server.eagle.apache.org
> >  Seems error  referring to server.eagle.apache.org  is coming  from the
> > code . I do not ssee ant reference to server.eagle.apache.org  at the
> > code .
> > eagle-core/eagle-metadata/eagle-metadata-jdbc/src/main/java/org/apache/eagle/metadata/store/jdbc/JDBCMetadataMetadataStoreServiceImpl.java
> >

> > wonder if  there is a way I can test  my jdbc:mysql connection form
> > command line ?
> > I modified my .etc/hosts to add server.eagle.apache.org
> > 127.0.0.1 server.eagle.apache.org localhost localhost.localdomain
> > localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
> > Following is  my   eagle.conf.
> >
> > # ---------------------------------------------
> > # Eagle Metadata Store Configuration
> > ## changed #connection = "jdbc:mysql://server.eagle.apache.org:3306/eagle"
> > # ---------------------------------------------
> > metadata {
> >   ##store = org.apache.eagle.metadata.service.memory.MemoryMetadataStore
> >   store = org.apache.eagle.metadata.store.jdbc.JDBCMetadataStore
> >   jdbc {
> >     username = "root"
> >     password = ""
> >     driverClassName = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
> >     database = "eagle"
> >     connection = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/eagle"
> >   }
> > }
> >

> > On 2019/02/28 06:05:57, Jay Sen <jaysen@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Hi Tushar,
> > >
> > > looks like you havent configured the mysql and other properties properly.
> > >
> > > can u share the config? make sure you have lcoalhost for mysql connection
> > > instead of server.eagle.apache.org.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Jay

> > fine.

> > invalid

> > org.apache.eagle.metadata.store.jdbc.JDBCMetadataMetadataStoreServiceImpl:

The