etch-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Comer <wer...@mac.com>
Subject Re: AW: Etch Python Binding
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 14:30:12 GMT
I would guess is relatively easy to port. Competence in java and python would be required,
perhaps 6 months time. Do you have budget / time?

Another option is to try to use the c binding from python. Not sure how that works, but i
suspect it can be done.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 20, 2014, at 6:45 AM, Servet.SK.Kurum@partner.bmw.de wrote:
>
> Hi Scott,
>
> it’s usable but when you want to debug it’s getting horrible.
> Jython is the other way when I want to execute Python in Java.
> My main environment is python and I use jpype to integrate my java binding in python.
>
> Regards,
> Servet

I found in the sources that python binding is in development.
> My question: is it usable and how is the development progress of the python binding?
Can I use it for my automation stuff or is it unusable?