falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Idris Ali <psychid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Support of ActiveMQ HA/Scalability
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2015 18:44:57 GMT
Thanks for the quick reply. We will try to configure this property to 30
sec.

However form old Jira, it could be because of Memory issue.

I will keep you updated.
-Idris

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 12:12 AM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net>
wrote:

> [...]
>
> It's not necessary a deadlock due to the log4j JMSAppender.
>
> I will update the configuration to increase to 30 seconds on the
> transportConnector.
>
> A while ago, I submitted patches about the ActiveMQ update and a more
> flexible way to configure the embedded broker.
>
> I've resumed this work.
>
> Regards
> JB
>

> On 02/11/2015 07:36 PM, Idris Ali wrote:
>
>> Hi JB,
>>
>> Slightly off from this discussion, we recently upgraded ActiveMQ version
>> 5.9.1 from 5.4.3 to work with Falcon.
>>
>> With the default configs, however we see wire format negotiation timedout
>> issue pretty often and the job fails.
>>
>> Failing Oozie Launcher, Main class
>> [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMain], main() threw exception,
>> javax.jms.JMSException: Wire format negotiation timeout: peer did not
>> send his wire format.
>> org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMainException:
>> javax.jms.JMSException: Wire format negotiation timeout: peer did not
>> send his wire format.
>>         at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMain.run(JavaMain.java:60)
>>         at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.LauncherMain.run(
>> LauncherMain.java:42)
>>         at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMain.main(JavaMain.java:37)
>>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>> NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
>> DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
>>         at org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.LauncherMapper.map(
>> LauncherMapper.java:293)
>>         at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:54)
>>

>> Initial investigation suggests something to do with Log4j deadlock.
>> Please let me know if this is a known issue in 5.9.1 ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Idris
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Pallavi Rao <pallavi.rao@inmobi.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  JB,
>>> We are working on Falcon talking to ActiveMQ HA setup too.  Our initial
>>> hunch is that as long as the right URL (with fail over scheme) is
>>> specified
>>> in the configuration, startup properties or cluster definition, it should
>>> work without any code changes. Plan to run a quick test soon. Will keep
>>> you
>>> posted.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Pallavi
>>> On Feb 10, 2015 7:51 PM, "Jean-Baptiste Onofré" <jb@nanthrax.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Hi all,

>>> conduit

>>> the

>>> --
>>> The information contained in this communication is intended solely for
>>> the
>>> use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
>>> authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
>>> information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby