falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Karan Kumar <karankumar1...@gmail.com>
Subject Falcon Unit
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2015 10:04:30 GMT
Hi Falcon dev

As falcon has a bunch of handcrafted xmls ,this results in manual errors
such as typos, giving bad arguments, xml errors etc while deploying a new
job.
For validating the xmls as well as checking the job is getting the correct
set of configs, a mock run is needed in a full fledged setup of
 falcon/hadoop/oozie. This I feel is a overkill.

I propose that we start work on falcon unit which will intialize
falcon/hadoop/oozie in local mode and run the job locally to test the
configs and also can be extended to validate input and output datesets.
This will really help in easily onboarding to falcon jobs as in a matter of
minutes u can test your process.

Have created a task on jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-1133

Willing to take this up if the community thinks it will add value.
Thoughts?

Thanks
Karan