falcon-dev mailing list archives

From Srikanth Sundarrajan <srik...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Seeking roadmap/feature suggestions for Apache Falcon
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2019 13:35:59 GMT
I agree, that the traction has been poor and we should consider moving it to attic if there
is no further interest in maintaining the project actively. Since this is an important decision,
may I suggest that we keep the discussion open for a few weeks or even a month before we take
any formal steps to move the project to attic.

down and jira project would become read-only. That would mean that any existing users would
have challenges in reaching out for community support.

Regards
Srikanth Sundarrajan
________________________________
From: Pallavi Rao <pallavi.n.rao@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 2, 2019 5:53 PM
To: dev@falcon.apache.org; users@falcon.apache.org
Subject: Seeking roadmap/feature suggestions for Apache Falcon

Hello Falcon community,
As you may have noticed, the last Falcon release was almost an year ago.
Post that, no new features have been added. Even bug fixes have been <5
post June 2018.

Given the dwindling activity and contribution, seeking inputs from you all.
Would like to know if any of you have any feature or roadmap suggestions
and are willing to contribute to the same.

If there aren't any suggestions forth coming, we may have to move the
project to attic.

Looking forward to your suggestions and input.

Thanks,
Pallavi