flink-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Vasia Kalavri (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (FLINK-1930) NullPointerException in vertex-centric iteration
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 14:11:38 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-1930?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14509124#comment-14509124
] 

Vasia Kalavri commented on FLINK-1930:
--------------------------------------

Ok, so now the program fails with this:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Buffer pool is destroyed.
	at org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.buffer.LocalBufferPool.requestBuffer(LocalBufferPool.java:144)
	at org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.buffer.LocalBufferPool.requestBufferBlocking(LocalBufferPool.java:133)
	at org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.api.writer.RecordWriter.emit(RecordWriter.java:91)
	at org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.shipping.OutputCollector.collect(OutputCollector.java:65)
	at org.apache.flink.runtime.iterative.task.IterationHeadPactTask.streamSolutionSetToFinalOutput(IterationHeadPactTask.java:405)
	at org.apache.flink.runtime.iterative.task.IterationHeadPactTask.run(IterationHeadPactTask.java:365)
	at org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.RegularPactTask.invoke(RegularPactTask.java:360)
	at org.apache.flink.runtime.execution.RuntimeEnvironment.run(RuntimeEnvironment.java:221)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

> NullPointerException in vertex-centric iteration
> ------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: FLINK-1930
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-1930
>             Project: Flink
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 0.9
>            Reporter: Vasia Kalavri
>
> Hello to my Squirrels,
> I came across this exception when having a vertex-centric iteration output followed by
a group by. 
> I'm not sure if what is causing it, since I saw this error in a rather large pipeline,
but I managed to reproduce it with [this code example | https://github.com/vasia/flink/commit/1b7bbca1a6130fbcfe98b4b9b43967eb4c61f309]
and a sufficiently large dataset, e.g. [this one | http://snap.stanford.edu/data/com-DBLP.html]
(I'm running this locally).
> It seems like a null Buffer in RecordWriter.
> The exception message is the following:
> Exception in thread "main" org.apache.flink.runtime.client.JobExecutionException: Job
execution failed.
> at org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.JobManager$anonfun$receiveWithLogMessages$1.applyOrElse(JobManager.scala:319)
> at scala.runtime.AbstractPartialFunction$mcVL$sp.apply$mcVL$sp(AbstractPartialFunction.scala:33)
> at scala.runtime.AbstractPartialFunction$mcVL$sp.apply(AbstractPartialFunction.scala:33)
> at scala.runtime.AbstractPartialFunction$mcVL$sp.apply(AbstractPartialFunction.scala:25)
> at org.apache.flink.runtime.ActorLogMessages$anon$1.apply(ActorLogMessages.scala:37)
> at org.apache.flink.runtime.ActorLogMessages$anon$1.apply(ActorLogMessages.scala:30)
> at scala.PartialFunction$class.applyOrElse(PartialFunction.scala:118)
> at org.apache.flink.runtime.ActorLogMessages$anon$1.applyOrElse(ActorLogMessages.scala:30)
> at akka.actor.Actor$class.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:465)
> at org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.JobManager.aroundReceive(JobManager.scala:94)
> at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:516)
> at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:487)
> at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:254)
> at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:221)
> at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.exec(Mailbox.scala:231)
> at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:260)
> at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1339)
> at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1979)
> at scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:107)
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.api.serialization.SpanningRecordSerializer.setNextBuffer(SpanningRecordSerializer.java:93)
> at org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.api.writer.RecordWriter.emit(RecordWriter.java:92)
> at org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.shipping.OutputCollector.collect(OutputCollector.java:65)
> at org.apache.flink.runtime.iterative.task.IterationHeadPactTask.streamSolutionSetToFinalOutput(IterationHeadPactTask.java:405)
> at org.apache.flink.runtime.iterative.task.IterationHeadPactTask.run(IterationHeadPactTask.java:365)
> at org.apache.flink.runtime.operators.RegularPactTask.invoke(RegularPactTask.java:360)
> at org.apache.flink.runtime.execution.RuntimeEnvironment.run(RuntimeEnvironment.java:221)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Mime
View raw message