flink-user mailing list archives

From Camelia-Elena Ciolac <camelia-elena.cio...@inria.fr>
Subject JSON file not found - StreamExecutionEnvironment
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 12:54:24 GMT
Hello,

I wrote a small program to test the JSON parsing capability with the new streaming API of
Flink 0.7.0-incubating, but I ran into a "file not found" exception.
As a context for my question:

StreamExecutionEnvironment env = StreamExecutionEnvironment.createLocalEnvironment(); // neither
with StreamExecutionEnvironment.getExecutionEnvironment() it doesn't work
DataStream<Tuple4<String,Integer,Integer,Long>> ds1 = env.readTextFile(args[0]).
flatMap (....);

At runtime I pass the arguments as follows:

flink run --jarfile ./quickstart/target/quickstart-0.1.jar --class org.apache.flink.ReadJSONDirectly
--arguments file:///Users/X/Y/Z/theFile.txt file:///Users/X/Y/Z/outputFile.txt -v

and even if the file exists in the path, I still get the error stack:

Error: The main method caused an error.
org.apache.flink.client.program.ProgramInvocationException: The main method caused an error.

at org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.callMainMethod(PackagedProgram.java:404)

at org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.invokeInteractiveModeForExecution(PackagedProgram.java:307)

at org.apache.flink.client.program.Client.run(Client.java:244)
at org.apache.flink.client.CliFrontend.executeProgram(CliFrontend.java:347)
at org.apache.flink.client.CliFrontend.run(CliFrontend.java:334)
at org.apache.flink.client.CliFrontend.parseParameters(CliFrontend.java:1001)
at org.apache.flink.client.CliFrontend.main(CliFrontend.java:1025)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: File not found: file:///Users/X/Y/Z/theFile.txt

at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.StreamExecutionEnvironment.checkIfFileExists(StreamExecutionEnvironment.java:196)

at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.StreamExecutionEnvironment.readTextFile(StreamExecutionEnvironment.java:164)

at org.apache.flink.ReadJSONDirectly.main(ReadJSONDirectly.java:26)
at org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.callMainMethod(PackagedProgram.java:389)

... 6 more

The same thing happens if I put the file in HDFS and pass as argument the hdfs:///pathToFile/theFile.txt

What could be the cause, in your opinion?

Thank you in advance!
Camelia