flink-user mailing list archives

From Camelia-Elena Ciolac <camelia-elena.cio...@inria.fr>
Subject Question Streaming API - window(win_length,slide_step)
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 09:55:56 GMT
Hello,

This time I have a question related to the new Streaming API available in Flink 0.7.0-incubating
and which allows automatic sliding a window over data, while aggregating values of interest
in a reduce / reduceGroup for example.Let's consider:

someDatastream.window(win_length, slide_step).reduceGroup(.....)

Great, with this scenario in mind, my question is :

>From inside the reduceGroup function how can I obtain the java.util.Date date corresponding
to the first moment of the window?

I understand that the window sliding is done transparently to the developer, so how can we
get this information about the current interval of dates contained in the window?

My intention is to perform some computation only if the first date of the window, as it is
positioned in each sliding movement, satisfies a condition.

Best regards,
Camelia