flink-user mailing list archives

From Ufuk Celebi <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to make Flink to write less temporary files?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 07:48:44 GMT
Hey Malte,

thanks for reporting the issue. Did you change the default configuration?
I've just checked and the default config hard codes the heap size for the
task managers to 512 MB. In that case some of the algorithms will start
spilling to disk earlier than necessary (assuming that you have more main
memory available). You can either remove the config key "taskmanager.heap.mb
" and let the JVM set a default max heap size or set the config key to a
value appropriate for your machines/setup. Could you try this out and
report back?

Regarding the temp directories: How much disk space is available before
running your program? I remember a user reporting the same issue, because
of some old files lingering around in the temp directories.

– Ufuk