flink-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flink Mongodb
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2014 19:53:13 GMT
Typo: it should have meant that workers that get a larger split will get
fewer additional splits.
Am 04.11.2014 20:48 schrieb sewen@apache.org:

InputSplits are assigned lazily at runtime, which gives you many of the
benefits of re-assigning without the nastyness.

Can you write the logic that creates the splits such that it creates
multiple splits per region? Then the lazy assignment will make sure that
workers that get a larger split will get get additional splits than workers
that get smaller splits...