flink-user mailing list archives

From Ufuk Celebi <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Customizing the classpath for TM and JM
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 14:02:44 GMT
"env.java.classpath" could be used for global class path settings (both JM and TM) and the
other ones for JM and TM respectively. I don't know if this is really necessary though. Because
no one else asked for it, I think it's fine to go with what suits your use case.

– Ufuk

On 15 Jan 2015, at 14:25, Alexander Alexandrov <alexander.s.alexandrov@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I meant between the three. In particular, where will env.java.classpath propagate?

> No worries, this is the first reply that I get in this thread.
>
> What would be the difference between the two? I can make a PR if we agree on that.

> Hey Alexander,
>
> there is only the option "env.java.opts", which can be set in the config. I think you
cannot use this to have multiple "-classpath" options when starting Java?

> It makes sense to have the option to add something to the classpath. I will check this
and fix it. :-) What about "taskmanager.env.java.classpath" and "jobmanager.env.java.classpath"
as a configuration key? And maybe an additional "env.java.classpath"?