flink-user mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: data conversion between flink and "other" paradigms
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 08:23:33 GMT
Hi Bill,

a DataSet is just a logical concept in Flink. DataSets are often not
persisted and just streamed along operators. At the moment, there is no way
to access an intermediate DataSet of a Flink program directly (this might
change in the future).

You can process data in another function by implementing a Java user
function (for example a MapPartition function) and sending the data through
JNI to a C function (if you need the full data set, you must set the
parallelism to 1). Flink's Python API follows a similar approach to ship
data from Flink to an external Python process.

Best, Fabian