flink-user mailing list archives

From UFUOMA IGHOROJE <b.ufu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating Graphs from DataStream in Flink Gelly
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 06:50:40 GMT
Hi Vasia & Andra,

Thanks for the pointers. I guess I have to implement basic support for dynamic streaming graphs.
I’ll share my solutions or issues as I go on.

Best,

Ufuoma

> On 02 Nov 2015, at 17:51, Vasiliki Kalavri <vasilikikalavri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ufuoma,
>
> Gelly doesn't support dynamic streaming graphs yet.
> The project Andra has linked to is a prototype for *one-pass* streaming graph analytics,
i.e. no graph state is maintained.

> If you would like to keep and maintain the graph state in your streaming program, you
would have to implement it yourself.
> Take a look at the relevant section of the programming guide [1] and please let us know
if you have questions!

> Cheers,
> -Vasia.
>
> [1]: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/apis/streaming_guide.html#working-with-state
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/apis/streaming_guide.html#working-with-state>

> On 2 November 2015 at 14:39, Andra Lungu <lungu.andra@gmail.com <mailto:lungu.andra@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a separate project related to graph streaming. It's called gelly-streaming.
> And, if you look here:
> https://github.com/vasia/gelly-streaming/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/graph/streaming/GraphStream.java
<https://github.com/vasia/gelly-streaming/blob/master/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/graph/streaming/GraphStream.java>

> You can find a constructor which creates a graph from a DataStream of edges.
>
> Gelly itself cannot do that, for now.
>
> Hope this helps!
> Andra
>
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 3:35 PM, UFUOMA IGHOROJE <b.ufuoma@gmail.com <mailto:b.ufuoma@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Is there some support for creating Graphs from DataStream in Flink Gelly? My use case
is to create dynamic graphs, where the graph topology can be updated from a stream of data.
From the API, all I can find is creating graphs from DataSets.