Hi All,

I read a couple of article about Kappa and Lambda Architecture.

http://www.confluent.io/blog/real-time-stream-processing-the-next-step-for-apache-flink/

I'm convince that Flink will simplify this one with streaming.

However i also stumble upon this blog post that has valid argument to have a system of record storage ( event sourcing ) and finally lambda architecture is appear at the solution. Basically it will write twice to Queuing system and C* for safety. System of record here is basically storing the event (delta).

Inline image 1

https://lostechies.com/ryansvihla/2015/09/17/event-sourcing-and-system-of-record-sane-distributed-development-in-the-modern-era-2/

Another approach is about lambda architecture for maintaining the correctness of the system.

https://lostechies.com/ryansvihla/2015/09/17/real-time-analytics-with-spark-streaming-and-cassandra/

Given that he's using Spark for the streaming processor, do we have to do the same thing with Apache Flink ?

Cheers