flink-user mailing list archives

From Claudia Wegmann <c.wegm...@kasasi.de>
Subject AW: What is the best way to load/add patterns dynamically (at runtime) with Flink?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2016 11:47:49 GMT

I don't know, if it's the best way, but it works :)

Best,
Claudia

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: PedroMrChaves [mailto:pedro.mr.chaves@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2016 10:32
An: user@flink.apache.org
Betreff: Re: What is the best way to load/add patterns dynamically (at runtime) with Flink?

I've been thinking in several options to solve this problem:

1. I can use Flink savepoints in order to save the application state , change the jar file
and submit a new job (as the new jar file with the patterns added/changed). The problem in
this case is to be able to correctly handle the savepoints and because I must stop and start
the job, the events will be delayed.

2. I can compile java code at runtime using using java compiler library I don't know if this
would be a viable solution.

3. I can use a scripting language like you did, but I would lose the ability to use the native
Flink library which is available in scala and java.