flink-user mailing list archives

From Josh <jof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception when restoring state from RocksDB - how to recover?
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2016 16:59:14 GMT
Ah ok great, thanks! I will try upgrading sometime this week then.

Cheers,
Josh

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 5:37 PM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Josh!
>
> I think the master has gotten more stable with respect to that. The issue
> you mentioned should be fixed.
>
> Another big set of changes (the last big batch) is going in in the next
> days - this time for re-sharding timers (window operator) and other state
> that is not organized by key.
>
> If you want to be a bit conservative, give it a few days before jumping
> onto the latest master. If you are brave, give it a shot now ;-)
>
> Greetings,
> Stephan
>

> On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Josh <jofo90@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Stephan,
>>
>> Thanks, that sounds good!
>>
>> I'm planning to upgrade to Flink 1.2-SNAPSHOT as soon as possible - I was
>> delaying upgrading due to the issues with restoring operator state you
>> mentioned on my other thread here:
>> nabble.com/Flink-job-fails-to-restore-RocksDB-state-after-
>> upgrading-to-1-2-SNAPSHOT-td9110.html
>>
>> Sorry to jump around but do you know if that's fixed in the latest
>> 1.2-SNAPSHOT? Was it resolved by Flink-4788?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Josh
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 4:13 PM, Stephan Ewen <sewen@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Josh!
>>>
>>> There are two ways to improve the RocksDB / S3 behavior
>>>
>>> (1) Use the FullyAsync mode. It stores the data in one file, not in a
>>> directory. Since directories are the "eventual consistent" part of S3, this
>>> prevents many issues.
>>>
>>> (2) Flink 1.2-SNAPSHOT has some additional fixes that circumvent
>>> additional S3 issues.
>>>
>>> Hope that helps,
>>> Stephan

a checkpoint, due to an exception such as the one pasted below[*]. In this case, it appears
that the last checkpoint is somehow corrupt. Does anyone know why this might happen?

it repeatedly attempts to restart and keeps getting the same exception. Given that no savepoint
was taken recently, is it possible for me to restore the job from an older checkpoint (e.g.
the second-last checkpoint)?

state from /mnt/yarn/usercache/hadoop/appcache/application_1476181294189_0001/flink-io-09ad1cb1-8dff-4f9a-9f61-6cae27ee6f1d/d236820a793043bd63360df6f175cae9/StreamFlatMap_9_8/dummy_state/dc5beab1-68fb-48b3-b3d6-272497d15a09/chk-1