flink-user mailing list archives

From Kostas Kloudas <k.klou...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: No Alerts with FinkCEP
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 13:22:50 GMT
You could also remove the autoWatermarkInterval, if you are satisfied with ProcessingTime.

Although keep in mind that processingTime assigns timestamps to elements based on the order
that they arrive to the operator. This means that replaying the same stream can give different

results.

If you care about time handling and reproducibility of your results you could use event or

ingestion time (the latter means that each element will have its timestamp based on
when it was first ingested by you Flink job).

For more information on “time” you can look here
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/event_time.html <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/event_time.html>

Cheers,
Kostas