flink-user mailing list archives

From Aftab Ansari <aftab.ans...@rovio.com>
Subject data loss after implementing checkpoint
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 12:20:53 GMT
Hi,
I am new to flink. I am facing issue implementing checkpoint.

checkpoint related code:

long checkpointInterval = 5000;

 StreamExecutionEnvironment env = StreamUtils.getEnvironment(params);
 //specify backend
 //env.setStateBackend(new FsStateBackend("s3n://xxx/flink-state/"), true));
env.setStateBackend(new
FsStateBackend("file:///Users/aftabansari/flink-state/", true));
 //enable checkpoint
 env.enableCheckpointing(checkpointInterval, CheckpointingMode.EXACTLY_ONCE);
 env.getCheckpointConfig().setMinPauseBetweenCheckpoints(500);

When I run the code, I can see flink-state being written in my local
machine. but when I stop the job , wait for a few minutes and restart the
job, it does not pick up from the time it left but it starts from when I
started the job.

Could you point out what i am doing wrong. I am testing it locally from
ideaIntellij. below is what i see from localhost. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks
[image: Inline images 1]
Br,
--

Aftab Ansari

Analytics Developer

aftab.ansari@rovio.com

[image: rovio_logo.gif]

Rovio Entertainment Ltd.

Keilaranta 7, FIN - 02150 Espoo, Finland

Mobile: + 358 (0)46 923 3060

www.rovio.com