flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flink Elasticsearch Connector: Lucene Error message
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2017 13:47:54 GMT
Hi,

There was also a problem in releasing the ES 5 connector with Flink 1.3.0. You only said you’re
using Flink 1.3, would that be 1.3.0 or 1.3.1?

Best,
Aljoscha

> On 16. Jul 2017, at 13:42, Fabian Wollert <fabian.wollert@zalando.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Aljoscha,
>
> we are running Flink in Stand alone mode, inside Docker in AWS. I will check tomorrow
the dependencies, although i'm wondering: I'm running Flink 1.3 averywhere and the appropiate
ES connector which was only released with 1.3, so it's weird where this dependency mix up
comes from ... let's see ...

> Cheers
> Fabian
>

> --
> Fabian Wollert
> Zalando SE
>
> E-Mail: fabian.wollert@zalando.de <mailto:fabian.wollert@zalando.de>
> Location: ZMAP <http://zmap.zalando.net/?q=fabian.wollert@zalando.de>
> This kind of error almost always hints at a dependency clash, i.e. there is some version
of this code in the class path that clashed with the version that the Flink program uses.
That’s why it works in local mode, where there are probably not many other dependencies
and not in cluster mode.

> How are you running it on the cluster? Standalone, YARN?
>
> Best,
> Aljoscha
>
>> On 13. Jul 2017, at 13:56, Fabian Wollert <fabian.wollert@zalando.de <mailto:fabian.wollert@zalando.de>>
wrote:

>> Hi Timo, Hi Gordon,
>>
>> thx for the reply! I checked the connection from both clusters to each other, and
i can telnet to the 9300 port of flink, so i think the connection is not an issue here.

>> We are currently using in our live env a custom elasticsearch connector, which used
some extra lib's deployed on the cluster. i found one lucene lib and deleted it (since all
dependencies should be in the flink job jar), but that unfortunately did not help neither

>> Cheers
>> Fabian
>>

>> --
>> Fabian Wollert
>> Data Engineering
>> Technology
>>
>> E-Mail: fabian.wollert@zalando.de <mailto:fabian.wollert@zalando.de>
>> Location: ZMAP <http://zmap.zalando.net/?q=fabian.wollert@zalando.de>
>> Hi Fabian,
>>
>> I loop in Gordon. Maybe he knows whats happening here.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Timo
>>

>> Am 13.07.17 um 13:26 schrieb Fabian Wollert:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to make use of the new Elasticsearch Connector <https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/connectors/elasticsearch.html>.
I got a version running locally (with ssh tunnels to my Elasticsearch cluster in AWS) in my
IDE, I see the data in Elasticsearch written perfectly, as I want it. As soon as I try to
run this on our dev cluster (Flink 1.3.0, running in the same VPC like ) though, i get the
following error message (in the sink):

>>> java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: LUCENE_5_5_0
>>> 	at org.elasticsearch.Version.<clinit>(Version.java:295)
>>> 	at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient$Builder.build(TransportClient.java:129)
>>> 	at org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.elasticsearch2.Elasticsearch2ApiCallBridge.createClient(Elasticsearch2ApiCallBridge.java:65)
>>> 	at org.apache.flink.streaming.connectors.elasticsearch.ElasticsearchSinkBase.open(ElasticsearchSinkBase.java:272)
>>> 	at org.apache.flink.api.common.functions.util.FunctionUtils.openFunction(FunctionUtils.java:36)
>>> 	at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.AbstractUdfStreamOperator.open(AbstractUdfStreamOperator.java:111)
>>> 	at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.openAllOperators(StreamTask.java:375)
>>> 	at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.invoke(StreamTask.java:252)
>>> 	at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:702)
>>> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
>>>
>>> I first thought that this has something to do with mismatched versions, but it
happens to me with Elasticsearch 2.2.2 (bundled with Lucene 5.4.1) and Elasticsearch 2.3 (bundled
with Lucene 5.5.0).

>>> Can someone point to what exact version conflict is happening here (or where
to investigate further)? Currently my set up looks like everything is actually running with
Lucene 5.5.0, so I'm wondering where that error message is exactly coming from. And also why
it is running locally, but not in the cluster. I'm still investigating if this is a general
connection issue from the Flink cluster to the ES cluster, but that would be surprising, and
also that error message would be then misleading ....