flink-user mailing list archives

From Chesnay Schepler <ches...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Retrieving name of last external checkpoint directory
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 16:21:18 GMT
There is the "lastCheckpointExternalPath" metric
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/monitoring/metrics.html#checkpointing>

that is scoped by job. You could access this via JMX.

On 20.02.2018 17:17, Aljoscha Krettek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think there is currently no easy way of doing this. Things that come to mind are:
>   - looking at the JM log
>   - polling the JM REST interface for completed externalised checkpoints
>
> The good news is that Flink 1.5 will rework how externalised checkpoints work a bit:
basically, all checkpoints can now be considered externalised and the metadata will be stored
in the root directory of the checkpoint, not in one global directory for all jobs. This way,
the metadata for externalised checkpoints resides in the checkpoint directory of each job
and it should be reasonably simple to restore from that.

> Best,
> Aljoscha
>
>> On 15. Feb 2018, at 10:55, Dawid Wysakowicz <wysakowicz.dawid@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We are running few jobs on yarn and in case of some failure (that the job could not
recover from on its own) we want to use last successful external checkpoint to restore the
job from manually. The problem is that the
>> ${state.checkpoints.dir} contains checkpoint directories for all jobs that we are
running. How can we find out the last successful external checkpoint for some particular job?
Will be grateful for any pointers.