flink-user mailing list archives

From "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tzuli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Kafka and parallelism
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 09:27:16 GMT
Hi Christophe,

Yes, you can achieve writing to different topics per-message using the `KeyedSerializationSchema`
provided to the Kafka producer.
The schema interface has a `getTargetTopic` method which allows you to override the default
target topic for a given record.
I agree that the method is somewhat odd to be part of the serialization schema, so I have
also been thinking about moving that elsewhere (maybe as part of the partitioner).

If you want to route a record to some topic depending on which topic it came from on the consumer
side, you’ll have to wrap the source topic information within the records so that it is
available to the producer.
You can access that in the `KeyedDeserializationSchema#deserialize` method, which exposes
information about which topic and partition each record came from.

Cheers,
Gordon