flink-user mailing list archives

From Aneesha Kaushal <aneesha.kaus...@reflektion.com>
Subject Savepointing with Avro Schema change
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2018 10:11:10 GMT
Hello,

I have a flink job which processes a stream of Event (an avro object) and creates Sessions
(another avro object) using Session-Windows.

I am not able to recover my job from save point when I try to make some changes in the schema
of Event object or in schema of Sessions.

Is there anyone who has tried this, and figured out a way to restart from save point while
changing object schemas?

I have made sure that the changes are backward compatible(for the beginning I am only adding
a new field)
I am using Rocks DB as my state backend, and, event time for processing.

Thanks
Aneesha