flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tiemrs and restore
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2018 16:30:48 GMT
Gordon is correct: there was a bug on a very old version of Flink that caused processing-timers
not to be invoked after restore but that was fixed.

Aljoscha

> On 16. Apr 2018, at 06:20, Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai <tzulitai@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Alberto,
>
> Looking at the code, I think the current behavior is that all timers (both processing
time and event time) are re-registered on restore, and therefore should be triggered automatically.
> So, for processing time timers, on restore all timers that were supposed to be fired
while the job was down should fire automatically; for event time timers, they will be triggered
once the watermark passes their timestamps.