flink-user mailing list archives

From "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tzuli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tiemrs and restore
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2018 04:20:03 GMT
Hi Alberto,

Looking at the code, I think the current behavior is that all timers (both processing time
and event time) are re-registered on restore, and therefore should be triggered automatically.
So, for processing time timers, on restore all timers that were supposed to be fired while
the job was down should fire automatically; for event time timers, they will be triggered
once the watermark passes their timestamps.

Also looped in Aljoscha on this, in case I misunderstood anything.

Cheers,
Gordon