flink-user mailing list archives

From Chesnay Schepler <ches...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to customize triggering of checkpoints?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2018 08:35:59 GMT
Hello,

there is no way to manually trigger checkpoints or configure irregular
intervals.

You will have to modify the CheckpointCoordinator
<https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/master/flink-runtime/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/runtime/checkpoint/CheckpointCoordinator.java>

and build Flink from source:

  * startCheckpointScheduler() should only schedule a one-time execution
    of the trigger
  * ScheduledTrigger#run() should reschedule itself
      o Something like:
          + triggerCheckpoint(System.currentTimeMillis(), true);
          + long msUntilNextCheckpoint = // insert logic here
          + timer.schedule(new ScheduledTrigger(),
            msUntilNextCheckpoint, TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS)