Hi Fabian:

        I think it would be better without such a limitation.I want to consult another problem. When I use BucketingSink(I use aws s3), the filename of a few files after checkpoint still hasn't changed, resulting in the underline prefix of the final generation of a small number of files. After analysis, it is found that it is due to the eventually consistent  of S3.Are there any better solutions available?thanks

Best
Ben

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-8794?jql=text%20~%20%22BucketingSink%22