freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release FreeMarker 2.3.24-rc01-incubating
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 17:03:02 GMT
I have fixed the noticed legal and packaging things (no actual change
in FreeMarker itself since the last vote), and almost called a new
voting, but I have some Maven doubts. I can deploy into the staging
repo, but I didn't dare to Close the staging repo because this I don't
understand in
http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#stage-release-vote:
"the project you want to stage must be a SNAPSHOT version". But if
it's 2.3.24-rc01-incubating-SNAPSHOT (as opposed to just
2.3.24-rc01-incubating, which it is now), and the vote passes, then I
had to build and Maven-deploy a different artifact that's not a
SNAPSHOT and wasn't voted on. I don't think that's the intent. So, if
I just Close the staging repo, I would think that it doesn't go
anywhere "too public", not even if it's non-SNAPSHOT, only if I also
"Promote" it. But I don't know. So what artifact version should I use?

Otherwise, here's the new version - anybody spots something wrong with
it before the next voting?

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/freemarker/engine/2.3.24-rc01-incubating/

2.3-gae commit hash: b968ffaf2b52225e57ec196aaa3ee7345fa0024d
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-freemarker.git;a=commit;h=b968ffaf2b52225e57ec196aaa3ee7345fa0024d

2.3 commit hash: 9a4f598888c1eec85a0d7b9afb400626ec49f46e
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-freemarker.git;a=commit;h=9a4f598888c1eec85a0d7b9afb400626ec49f46e

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany