freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release FreeMarker 2.3.24-rc01-incubating
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 16:06:01 GMT
Actually, you can deploy SNAPSHOTs from a Jenkins job every day if you want to. They aren’t
releases. I believe the only purpose that section serves is to let you verify that your settings
are correct and that you have permission to deploy to the repository.

Note that what you are deploying to the Nexus repository is what is going to go to Maven Central.
What goes to Maven Central should not include the zip or tar.gz of the binaries and source
you will be distributing on dist.apache.org.  With Log4j I end up deploying all of that to
Nexus and then telling folks how to download it with wget. Once the vote passes I commit the
distribution pieces into the distribution directory and delete them from Nexus before publishing
the release in Nexus.

Ralph