freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re: How to build the freemarker project
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2016 14:09:35 GMT
After you have checked out the project (see the repos/branches here:
http://freemarker.org/sourcecode.html), see the README.

Some available tasks are listed here:
http://freemarker.incubator.apache.org/contribute.html

As of newbie friendly tasks, my experience is that if someone is
newbie to programming in general, sadly, it's very difficult for him
to do valuable work, or at least it requires quite much investment on
our side too (hand holding, iterations). That's that just how it is.
OTOH it's easy and risk free to clone on Github and try to solve
something... at worse it won't become to a pull request. (Tooling
related programming tasks are generally easier, among others because
there are no backward compatibility constraints and legacy code to
deal with.)

And of course, there's also JavaDoc and Manual proof reading that
anyone with good enough English (or Chinese) can do.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany