freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <wik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release FreeMarker 2.3.24-rc01-incubating
Date Thu, 07 Jan 2016 08:35:08 GMT
Hi,

I guess the timing picked is not the best for having more people on
board... BTW, the release manager can also vote a release.

So far I've successfully checked in the source release:

* signatures and digests
* incubator suffix and disclaimer
* build sources in a clean environment (oracle java
8u66+8u65arm-1~webupd8~1 on debian 64bits).

Some comments:

* Release is not tagged in git tags, and vote mail does not contain commit
id to check.
* There is a URL to the maven staging area.
* KEYS file contains only one public gpg, the one from the release manager
for this release candidate, formally that's fine. Please, all other
committers should add theirs keys there too for preparing for next releases
(in case someone else jumps in the release manager role).
* Tarballs contain wrong source layout, the root directory contains no
version details (apache-freemaker-src and apache-freemarker-gae-src
respectively).
* The section about the "files developed outside the FreeMarker project" in
the LICENSE file should actually go in the NOTICE, specifying details
there. I'd say the path should be full from the root of the sources:
src/main/resources/freemarker/ext/...
* Also I'd move the "Historical notes" to the README.
* Source tree contains some JARs at
src/test/resources/freemarker/ext/jsp/webapps/ that shoudl be noticed in
NOTICE

Because that, I have to vote -1 for releasing FreeMarker
2.3.24-rc01-incubating. First ASF release is very important for every
project, so all the work done now will make much easier next ones.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager