freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <wik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release FreeMarker 2.3.24-rc01-incubating, attempt 3
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 07:58:19 GMT
Another remark for the future: all other non-binding votes from committers
are usually quite appreciated by the IPMC to validate the process. Also the
Release Manager (in this release Daniel) could also vote.

Step by step, guys, you're doing a good job. Sorry if sometimes I could be
a bit picky, but I'm just trying to help you learning the processes.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 11:00 PM, Daniel Dekany <ddekany@freemail.hu> wrote:

> The vote passes with 3, +1 binding votes, and one -1 binding votes
> from the PPMC members:
>
> David E Jones +1 (binding)
> Jacopo Cappellato +1 (binding)
> Ralph Goers +1 (binding)
> Sergio Fernández -1 (binding)
>
> As of the -1, see the discussion quoted below, and note that Sergio
> Fernández has informally agreed to continue on general@incubator.a.o.
>
> Thanks for voting, we will proceed with voting on
> general@incubator.a.o!
>
> --
> Thanks,
>  Daniel Dekany
>

> Tuesday, January 19, 2016, 8:41:44 PM, Sergio Fernández wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Jan 19, 2016 20:05, "Daniel Dekany" <ddekany@freemail.hu> wrote:
> >>
> >> You mean, it should have been version 2.3.24-rc01-a3 (in Maven and
> >> everywhere), or just the non-Maven download URL-s should use separate
> >> URL-s?
> >
> > No, only for the source release, which is what we actually vote in ASF.
> > Just naming the source folder with such convention would prevent the
> > confusion we had. For next releases, please take that into account as
> well
> > as the importance of canceling vote threads properly.
> >
> >> Anyway, I won't make a problem out of formalities like this, so
> >> whatever the ASF conventions says. For now though, can we just proceed
> >> on incubator@general? Yes, formally we could (Majority Approval), but
> >> given that you seem to spot policy issues efficiently, I'm curious if
> >> you have checked the content of the artifacts. Or if you plan to do
> >> that, because then I would wait for that.
> >
> > Yes, go ahead there, please. I didn't find time to check this last
> attempt,
> > but I'll do it while the vote runs at general@incubator.a.o
> >
> > Thanks.

> > latest

> ASF
> publish
> > each
> for

> show
> > the
> point.

> for

> that?

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/freemarker/engine/2.3.24-rc01-incubating/source/

> > them
> > vote

> ddekany@freemail.hu>

> files,

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/freemarker/freemarker/2.3.24-rc01-incubating/

> ddekany@freemail.hu>>

> > of
I was
> > expecting a
> > bundles.

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/freemarker/engine/2.3.24-rc01-incubating/binaries/apache-freemarker-2.3.24-rc01-incubating-bin.tar.gz.md5

I check
> them
> > out
> URL,
> > they
> > with

> ddekany@freemail.hu>>

> legal
> > ones

> artifact
> binary
> repo
number.

Git commit

Dekany wrote:

> [...]
Nothing
> has
These are
> > conventions.

release with your
> > own
> > rough
documentation and
> > change
> >> >> >> >>> >

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/freemarker/engine/2.3.24-rc01-incubating/binaries/apache-freemarker-2.3.24-rc01-incubating-bin.tar.gz

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-freemarker.git;a=commit;h=ce1dc19b3ccfb734af551c2d694a3a3d1039f7fa

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-freemarker.git;a=commit;h=6166efe1d02fe89a98c7d87ab26a608e2d560492

> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/freemarker/freemarker/2.3.24-rc01-incubating/
> >> >> >> >>> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/freemarker/freemarker-gae/2.3.24-rc01-incubating/

> <artifactId>freemarker-gae</artifactId>.

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/freemarker/

the two
> distributions
> > (I