freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <wik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release FreeMarker 2.3.24-rc01-incubating, attempt 3
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 07:38:52 GMT
Hi Daniel,

my issue with such workflow is that behind the assertion that "All the
links remain as they were" there is a potential mismatch between the latest
release and the downloaded one, as Jacopo pointed with the hashes.

 Specific release source must be linked in the vote email.  Normally ASF
projects use RC workflows for such internal links, having a way to
differentiate between each try. As we discussed, Freemarker will publish
those RCs. Therefore my recommendation would be to specifically name each
release with the attempt number to avoid such issue. Would that work for
you?

Of course I could vote the current release; but I'm just trying to show the
project the procedures you should follow. Hope you understand my point.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager