freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache FreeMarker 2.3.24 (incubating)
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2016 23:02:09 GMT
Hi all,

Please vote on releasing FreeMarker 2.3.24-incubating! This will be
our first stable release (not just a Release Candidate) from the ASF.
If this voting passes, another similar voting will be started on
general@incubator.apache.org, and if that passes too, then we can
release this version.

Release Notes:
http://freemarker.org/builds/2.3.24-unvoted/_html/versions_2_3_24.html

Before proceed, you should know that FreeMarker 2.3.x, for a long
time, always releases a normal and a "gae" variant on the same time,
which are technically two independent source trees (Git branches). The
"gae" variant contains a few small modification in the Java source
code to be Google App Engine compliant, and has freemarker-gae as the
Maven artifact name. Otherwise the normal and the "gae" branches are
identical. Hence they will be voted on together.

The commits to be voted upon are:
- Normal (non-gae) variant:
  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-freemarker.git;a=commit;h=4a723fc1e89c3f258b00e6ee40ba3c60d076aa89
  Commit hash: 4a723fc1e89c3f258b00e6ee40ba3c60d076aa89
- "gae" variant:
  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-freemarker.git;a=commit;h=4b8df1fd03c21495e646ac1721734811564317f5
  Commit hash: 4b8df1fd03c21495e646ac1721734811564317f5

The artifacts to be voted upon are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/freemarker/engine/2.3.24-incubating/source/
where the source release artifacts are:
- Normal (non-gae) variant:
  apache-freemarker-2.3.24-incubating-src.tar.gz
- "gae" variant:
  apache-freemarker-gae-2.3.24-incubating-src.tar.gz

See the README inside them for build instructions!

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ddekany.asc

Note that for convenience, we also provide binaries:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/freemarker/engine/2.3.24-incubating/binaries/
and Maven artifacts in the ASF staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/freemarker/

Please try out the package and vote!

The vote is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of
votes (3 binding +1s) is reached.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache FreeMarker 2.3.24-incubating
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Please add "(binding)" if your vote is binding.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany