freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From David E Jones <...@dejc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache FreeMarker 2.3.24 (incubating)
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 19:01:51 GMT

+1 (binding)

Others have reviewed the various release artifacts (and my experience with ASF releases is
now dated anyway) so I focused my review on testing Freemarker with a few automated test sets
I have around. Everything ran well in these tests with hundreds of web pages, including significant
XML transformation using a couple of large FTL macro libraries.

I noticed one thing… during a build with the jar file for this release it I’m seeing this
warning and a half dozen similar ones like it:

freemarker-2.3.24-incubating.jar(freemarker/core/Environment.class): warning: Cannot find
annotation method 'value()' in type 'SuppressFBWarnings': class file for edu.umd.cs.findbugs.annotations.SuppressFBWarnings
not found

I built it with the jar file in a local directory instead of the staging maven repo, so no
POM file to grab dependencies, but looking at the freemarker-2.3.24-incubating.pom the dependency
for this isn’t included there anyway. Everything built and ran just fine, just warnings
on build. I don’t know that anything needs to be done about them, and I imagine adding the
findbugs annotations jar file during build would resolve these.

-David