freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject Re: FM Online improvements (Was: Graduation issues)
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 18:00:40 GMT
Thursday, August 18, 2016, 9:11:34 AM, Pradeep Murugesan wrote:

> Hey Daniel,
>
>      I have made the changes you have mentioned in the UI side. Yet
> a quick question, You have mentioned auto import shouldn't be a
> checkbox. But you have mentioned like
> "[name       ]  [ ] Auto import  [ ] Auto include" .
>
> We should have it as text box right ?

Right, only a text box, no checkbox is needed for auto-import.
Something like:

  Auto import [prefix ]   [ ] Auto include

> Regarding the Configuration , I see that we have a freeMarkerConfig
> (instance of Configuration) and we actually build a Template and
> TemplateConfiguration and is attached to the freemarkerConfig.
>
> Now in case of additional templates, If we create a Template (with
> name) and TemplateConfiguration for each and attach to the
> freeMarkerConfig (main configuration).

For now we have no reason to use separate TemplateConfiguration-s, as
there are no UI controls to set any pre-template settings. What we
will need is a separate Configuration for each request when(!) there
are additional templates. That's because the TemplateLoader and
template cache exists on the Configuration level, and each request
will have a different set of additional templates.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany