freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject [FM3] Opinions about the package structure?
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 19:09:10 GMT
You can see the current FM3 package structure here:
http://freemarker.org/builds/fm3/api/index.html
https://github.com/apache/incubator-freemarker/tree/3/src/main/java/org/apache/freemarker

Some explanation follows.

As it was discussed earlier, FM2 freemarker.core and FM2
freemarker.template were united under org.apache.freemarker.core, and
then to decrease the size of the resulting package, I have moved out
the aspects that don't depend on core internals into their own
subpackages (model, templateresolver, outputformat, etc.). So we have
ended up with a org.apache.freemarker.core that is actually
substantially smaller than FM2 freemarker.core was, also it has
smaller and more focused public API than FM2 freemarker.template has.

The name directly after org.apache.freemarker denotes the module. So
you can see 3 modules from the current package structure: core, dom,
and servlet (which will be freemarker-core.jar, freemarker-dom.jar,
etc., after we have converted to multi module project, but we haven't
yet). There will be more actually, like "test" for common JUnit test
utilities (not a published API), and core-java8 for Java 8 support,
and who know what else.

Any opinions/insights?

--
Thanks,