freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release Apache FreeMarker 2.3.26 (incubating)
Date Wed, 15 Mar 2017 21:57:49 GMT
Hi all,

Please vote on releasing FreeMarker 2.3.26-incubating! If this voting
passes, another similar voting will be started on
general@incubator.apache.org, and if that passes too, then we can
release this version.

Note that because there weren't many deep changes since
2.3.25-incubating, we have no Release Candidate this time. Thus, it's
important that you don't skip testing this release with your dependant
projects.

Release Notes:
http://freemarker.org/builds/2.3.26-voting/documentation/_html/versions_2_3_26.html

Before proceed, you should know that FreeMarker 2.3.x, for a long
time, always releases a normal and a "gae" variant on the same time,
which are technically two independent source trees (Git branches). The
"gae" variant contains a few small modification in the Java source
code to be Google App Engine compliant, and has freemarker-gae as the
Maven artifact name. Otherwise the normal and the "gae" branches are
identical. Hence they will be voted on together.

The commits to be voted upon are:
- Normal (non-gae) variant:
  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-freemarker.git;a=commit;h=876fffcfaf66bd212b02a931fdd2c69f6e0c297e
  Commit hash: 876fffcfaf66bd212b02a931fdd2c69f6e0c297e
- "gae" variant:
  https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-freemarker.git;a=commit;h=43564859db4bec23e161c6fa5a32882e8bd9e40a
  Commit hash: 43564859db4bec23e161c6fa5a32882e8bd9e40a

The artifacts to be voted upon are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/freemarker/engine/2.3.26-incubating/source/
where the source release artifacts are:
- Normal (non-gae) variant:
  apache-freemarker-2.3.26-incubating-src.tar.gz
- "gae" variant:
  apache-freemarker-gae-2.3.26-incubating-src.tar.gz

See the README inside them for build instructions!

The release artifacts are signed with the following key:
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ddekany.asc
(Note: At the moment it looks slightly outdated compared to the
source,
http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x1939A2520BAB1D90, but
I assume it will catch up eventually.)

Note that for convenience, we also provide binaries:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/freemarker/engine/2.3.26-incubating/binaries/
and Maven artifacts in the ASF staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/freemarker/freemarker/2.3.26-incubating/

Please try out the package and vote!

The vote is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of
votes (3 binding +1s) is reached.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache FreeMarker 2.3.26-incubating
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Please add "(binding)" if your vote is binding.

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany