freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Dekany <ddek...@freemail.hu>
Subject [FM3] Rename encoding to charset, use Charset instead of String
Date Sun, 19 Mar 2017 18:22:28 GMT
We have this retro terminology where instead of charset we say
encoding. (I understand that encoding has a wider meaning, but we only
intend to support encoding/decoding via a charset.) So I think
cfg.setDefaultEncoding and <#ftl encoding=...> and such should be
renamed to cfg.setDefaultCharset and <#ftl charset=...>.

Also, in the Java API-s we should use Charset instead of a String
(java.nio.charset.Charset didn't exist when FM 2.3 was created).

--
Thanks,
 Daniel Dekany