freemarker-dev mailing list archives

From Denis Bredelet <brede...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Preparing for releasing 2.3.26 - any feedback?
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2017 22:49:48 GMT
Hi Daniel,

>>> http://freemarker.org/builds/2.3.26-nightly/versions_2_3_26.html <http://freemarker.org/builds/2.3.26-nightly/versions_2_3_26.html>
>>
>> Thanks for wrapping up the changes!
>> I had a difficulty in reading some changes since JIRA tickets were not
>> linked to some.
>
> Those had no Jira tickets...
>
>> Other than that, it looks nice!

Yes it looks good.

For FreeMarker 3 should we revert backward compatibility option? Instead of setting:
incompatible_improvements = 3.1.0
the developer will specify:
compatible_version = 3.1.0
… And any incompatible improvements in version 3.1.1 or more will not be used.

That way the default is to use all the latest improvements rather than just backward-compatible
ones.

As an example with this scheme exp?interpret would work as it should in version 2.3.26 by
default, instead of requiring a flag to work properly.

What do you think?

— Denis.